Why did I decide on going on the Chile study abroad?

Hi! My name is Allie. I am majoring in English and Minoring in Secondary Education at LC. I love cats, I am vegan, and I also like video games. Last Fall, I joined the sorority Sigma Sigma Sigma and gained the Risk Management position as well as Community Service Chair. 

I signed up to go to this Study Abroad because I was a camp councilor over the summer and it really spoke to me. I've been looking around at Study Abroad's, but none really seemed "right" except this one. I believe I will bring positivity and comfort to everyone going on this trip. I'm super excited, and somewhat nervous, to meet my host family! They seem like really nice people so I'm hopeful.  I hope I make friends with locals as well as fellow students.

 Plus, avocados. I hope I learn to tolerate avocados more because I'm not the biggest fan of them. Regarding food, I'm so excited to try food! I can't wait to have fresh fruits and traditional food... but... I'm vegan. So I'm concerned that I might not be able to keep my dietary beliefs, but I'm willing to conform to the society and culture in college. 

Also, my Spanish is not the best. I know basic words but I'm afraid I won't be the best at communicating to locals. Hopefully they get my jokes though. I feel like I will bring smiles all over my host families' faces! 

I also am excited to build relationship between LC and the Chilean University! I think it would be great to build relationships and friendships with other students! Sometimes, I'm afraid I will be to awkward and not make relationships, but I will go out of my comfort zone to try to make friends.

 Other than that, I'm grateful to have this wonderful opportunity as well as gain the experience of studying in another country. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting, Allie! Your camp experience will be a great benefit to our program! Also, I look forward to hearing about your adventures with avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie! I'm Wendy! I'm excited to get to know you on our trip! It's really cool that you're vegan! That is amazing and shows so much dedication! Your summer camp experience, I'm sure, will help you a lot with the one we are going to work with! That's great that you already have experience working with others! I look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Kali! I major in elementary educaton so I love working with children also and I aslo have been wanting to study abroad but could never decide which is the right one until I heard about this opportunity. I am also in the same boat, Im not the best at Spanish but I'm sure we will learn a lot. Im excited to get to know you on this trip! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts